Your entry must fit the following criteria:
- A piece of art that in some way incorporates at least one of my OCs (Exo, Slipstream, or both) and at least one of yours doing something fun. I wrote up extensive guides on my OCs for the purpose of this contest:
All About ExoThis journal is all about my OC, Exo, who is partly my ponysona - things that I am - and partly things that I wish to be. Which I suppose is the point of an original character in some ways! First I'll tackle how she looks - the important aspects of her design - and then a bit about her personality.
This is how I draw her:
IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF HER DESIGN
Only her right ear is black.
She has a black diamond on her forehead under her horn. This is often covered by her hair.
The number, size and positioning of her spots is important.
Her freckles are important! She may have more or less, but they are always there.
Size of a normal mare, sturdily built
Mane usually worn in a ponytail, but other hairstyles are possible. Sometimes loops the long parts of her bangs into her ponytail to get them out of the way, as
All About SlipstreamThis journal is all about my OC Slipstream. She embodies some of the things that I admire and strive for, but also some of the things that annoy me most in a person. As with Exo, first I'll tackle how she looks and then give a few details on her personality.
This is how I draw her:
IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF HER DESIGN
Slightly taller and more slender than an average mare.
Wings modeled after a swallow's - long and tapered to a fine point. These are meant to give her the look of a diving bird like a gannet or tern.
The outer feathers of her wings are orange, the inner blue. The fronts and backs of the wings have the same coloration.
The markings under her eyes curve back from the corners and down he
- The piece may be in ANY medium, including poetry, macaroni art, photography, performance art or a complex atonal melody composed on Himalayan singing bowls (although I fully expect most pieces to be drawings or paintings, and I will love them!)
- The piece may NOT be NSFW – i.e. no gore or explicit sexual themes, although slightly suggestive or somewhat edgy pieces are allowed. Run your idea by me first if you're not sure!
- If you do not have an OC you may invent one for the purposes of this contest.
- You may use non-pony OCs if you wish.
- Your entry must be submitted by the deadline – late entries will NOT be accepted.
- Points will be awarded for accuracy in depicting my characters! They may be drawn, sculpted, or whatever in any style, but please try to get their markings right (I know they're complicated – sorry )
- You MAY anthropomorphize, genderbend or change the age of my OCs.
- You may NOT use bases or trace other peoples' art – I want to see your own originality!
- You may only enter once. I would much rather see one piece you put a lot of effort into! If you enter and then decide you want to change your submission, it will be allowed as long as you make the change before the deadline.
- If you don't read and follow the rules, it'll be your own fault when your submission gets rejected. If you have questions, please ASK.
- I will provide the prizes, but the winners must provide shipping! Please don't whine about this – I have my reasons, and you'll still be getting an awesome pony plush for the price of a few bucks' shipping. Even if you are 8 years old and don't get an allowance, you could make that much by picking up bottles on the side of the road, or watering your elderly neighbours' plants.
- The number of prizes will vary depending on how many entries I get. However, as a starting point:
- First Place: Winner's choice of a filly with a couple of accessories, or a sitting pony. Cutie marks included. (Shipping $15 in the US, $20 overseas)
- Second Place Alpha: Minipony! (Cutie marks included if they are not too complicated and can plausibly be appliqued really tiny). Plus an accessory! (Shipping $5 in the US, $7 overseas)
- Second Place Beta: Minipony! (Cutie marks if they are not too complicated and can plausibly be appliqued really tiny). Plus an accessory! (Shipping $5 in the US, $7 overseas)
- Third Place: Winner's choice of a simple MLP related cutie mark themed accessory such as a bandanna, coin purse, good luck charm, or iPhone case. (Shipping $5 in the US, $7 overseas)
- Fourth Place: A handwritten poem extolling your awesomeness, and a doodle of your choice.
General rules for prizes:
- You get to choose the character your prize is based around. This may be a canon character or OC.
- If you choose an original character that someone else has created, you must get their permission to use that character.
- The character must be relatively simple. For example:
- I will NOT do complicated minis like Rainbow Dash or princesses. A good rule of thumb is that the character should have one body color and no more than three hair colors (preferably less).
- If you are the first place winner and ask for Vinyl Scratch or Rainbow Dash (or a similarly complicated pony), then you are basically trading in your accessories for a more complicated filly.
- I will consider "pay to upgrade" propositions on a case-by-case basis. You may NOT upgrade to a full-size pony, but you may be allowed to purchase extra accessories or get a more complicated character.
- Do NOT ask me about these things until you win a prize! I don't want to answer a whole bunch of individual "What If" questions.